Yearly Meeting Sessions
Retire to Quietness; Let the Light Shine
Seventh Month (July) 10-14, 2019, at UNC-Wilmington
Come to Wilmington, NC, this summer, connect with Friends from the region, stay in the dorms, attend business sessions, have interesting conversations while sharing meals in the cafeteria, go to the beach, enjoy deep cool thirst-quenching worship and hear thoughtful Quaker speakers.
Children of all ages love the age-appropriate independence of living on campus and participating in their own program (which includes visiting the beach and other sites, Quaker-grounded religious activities, and lots of fun). We are planning 3 different programs so that we can meet the needs of all age children.
- Program Highlights
- Tentative Schedule
- Youth Program Information (coming soon)
- REGISTER NOW: DEADLINE JUNE 21.
- A separate form needs to be filled-out for each person attending sessions. For example, a family of 5 will need to fill the form out 5 times. (This may take a little longer for you all, but it will save our registrar lots of time and insure we have full information to meet your housing and meal needs!)
- Day attenders/local Friends: If you plan to stay off-campus and attend yearly meeting please register to pay registration fee ($58) and for meals. ***Meals cannot be purchased at the door at UNCW.***
- Room reservation: Rooms have one bed, dresser, desk, closet space, trash can, and air conditioning. There is a bathroom for every two rooms and 4 to 5 rooms share a kitchen and living room. Kitchens have no dishes, etc. There is an optional linen fee that you can choose or opt-out of on the registration form.
- CHILDREN: Children 18 and under attend free, and must be accompanied by a responsible adult(s). Since the fire code does not allow for more than one person per room (one person per bed) we cannot plan expenses assuming we can have children in parents’ rooms. All rooms are in apartment style housing, though, so families will be in apartment together with locking door to hallway. Be sure to include names of families members that you want in the same apartment on each separate registration form.
- Please make checks payable to NCYMC and mail after online form has been completed to Yearly Meeting Registration, 329 Long Leaf Acres Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405
- Email questions to: email@example.com.
- Please send by June 21, 2019, late registrations are only accepted IF the registrar and other volunteers can process the request in time. UNCW requires prior notice to arrange for accommodations and meals. Once registrations are in and rooms are arranged, if extra space is available we will fill in with late requests.